Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Swimming, Naturally


One of the things highest on my list of "What I'll Miss" once I move to Langkawi is fresh water.

Being on an island means that access to fresh water swimming locations is slim.  In fact, unless you count the various waterfalls and watering holes on the tourist map, the options are close to
 zero.

For someone who is used to flowing rivers and isolated spots along a river bend for a picnic or a quiet sunlit snooze, this is a big one not to have.

So I've begun searching for the next best thing - the possibility of constructing a natural swimming pool on La Pari Pari's grounds.  It fits with our conservationist goals and has the potential to look amazing.  Not to mention it doesn't wreck a girl's hair or make her sensitive eyes turn blood red.


Having done a bit of webtrawling on the subject, I don't see how we can't have one.  We have to have one.  What's there not to want??

I think the only place I have heard of in Malaysia that has this sort of pool is a luxury condominium in Kuala Lumpur.  

So what do you think?  Fancy taking a dip in a less than conventional pool?

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the swimming pool at Kg. Warisan in Jalan Jelatek.

    Kg. Warisan is a condo/apartment located right across the Jelatek LRT station. Between The Maya Residences condo and PULAPOL quarters. Keramat/Kg baru area. On the main road to Carrefour Wangsa Maju. Built in 97 with Dato' Lat as a conceptual consultant. It's supposed to precede a Kampung.

    We should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Pool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. Ovalbecken

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. Poolleiter

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory