Friday, October 28, 2011

The Magic of Mia!



Like I've said time and again, there is undoubtedly more than a little magic that has helped us get this far.  Every time we've been stuck for ideas or resources, someone has come to the rescue.

This time it has come in the guise of a friend who is practically family, whose courage I hugely admire.  Mia took a break from her advertising career three or so years ago to pursue her passion in art and today is one of Malaysia's up and coming artists.  As someone who is only a fledgling writer, I know full well how challenging this must have been for her.  But she has come a long way in such a short time.  If you don't know her, it's time you do :-)  Visit her website please to get acquainted :-)  I think she does a far better job of telling her own story than I ever can.

One of my favourite pieces by Mia - Biru, photographed on exhibit at the National Art Gallery.  It now resides in a private collection in Singapore.


And, she's currently working on a NEW piece, specially for La Pari-Pari's reception lounge!  Stay tuned for the big reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory