Friday, November 4, 2011

Showcase Your Creativity!

Nessa The Angel by our Chairman - Kaeden, age 4
We are currently allocating a small retail space in our reception lobby and would like to showcase creations by Malaysian-based artists/creators.  Since our resort is going to have visitors from all over the world, we thought why not use it as an outlet for promoting Malaysian-based talent?  After all, we are a pretty creative bunch.

Criteria:
1. Must be SMALL - books, CDs, small jewelry items, clothing and knick-knacks are OK.  Unfortunately, we don't have room for large objects.
2. Items must be created or designed by a Malaysian or Malaysian resident.
3. Sales will be purely on consignment basis and designer/creator must bear shipment cost of stock to La Pari-Pari.  For things like books and CDs, please provide us with a non-returnable browsing copy.
4. No perishable items please.

Think of items that would make great souvenirs for travellers visiting our resort and restaurant.  Ideally, we are looking for items that would give visitors a nice alternative to the usual, kitschy tourist souvenirs that are often sold.  If it gives them a taste of our culture (contemporary or traditional), even better. And no, you don't have to be famous.  You just have to produce something unique and wonderful :-)  One-off items are also welcome.

Those interested, kindly e-mail karina@laparipari.com with details of the item/s you would like to sell as well as suggested retail price.  Stock will need to be delivered to us before January 31st.  We are only looking to stock small numbers of each item.


3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am Angelo Dinoto and have met Vanessa Workman here on line at Facebook. She has shown me your desire to have someone work w/you at your business here in Langkawi:

    La Pari-Pari
    "We're hiring! We are currently looking for two receptionists-cum-admin staff. Requirements: - MUST speak fluent English and basic Bahasa, other languages a plus - Has basic computer skills, is willing and able to learn how to use hotel’s reservations and property management systems - Has strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills - Is pro-active, flexible and has a can-do attitude - Is a team-player - Is honest, committed and d..."



    This really describes me to a "T". I am now being trained to be a JetSki Guide w/MegaWaterSports stationed here on Cenang Beach. I have been here for just a few weeks now and was offered this job by an American friend I met here at the Rainbow hostel where I am staying. It came as a surprise to me. I desire to live here for many reasons and to have a consistent reliable job would be fulfilling my dream. I worked last in Maui at the Hyatt Regency Spa and Resort at Kaanapali on the island of Maui for 7 years. When the recession hit the tourism dropped and I lost my job as a photographer.

    So I am trained in many ways about hotels and really all kinds of the things you have mentioned. I am a McGyver type guy w/ a very positive attitude. I love making people smile because life is too short to be upset. I love interacting w/people and due to my life history in traveling around the world to many places I am able to relate w/many and all people on many levels.

    If you think that I would be someone you would like to talk to about your need please tell me. Email me any question you may have I am an open book and will be happy to accomodate any and all questions.



    When I read your ad I thought wow this describes me.

    So give me a holler. I will be happy to hear from you

    Love

    Angelo Dinoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow aaaaaaaaaa I just now see that you are also looking for creative work from local people. Just so happens that I am an Artist among all the other things. I have works in Oil, Acrylic, Water and of course my movies on youtube and many photos on Facebook. But I would love to show my Paintings in the proper place to sell. I have just skimmed your blog here so I am kind of excited by all of this happening "out of the blue" thanks to Vanessa. Well I hope to hear from you ... Thanks again Love
    Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karina I sent this email out on Tuesday ahd haven't heard from you and wonder if you got it. So I am placing it here hoping that you'll see it.
    Hi Karina,

    So good to hear from you. I appreciate your email and would love to meet w/you when you are in the area here at Cenang Beach. I would have to rent a moped to see you in Kuah and if you are coming here to check on the progress of the construction now and then, please schedule me in to meet you when you come.

    The work permit thing I here is over-come I have heard, by saying that I am a volunteer. And going out of the country to renew the visa is just a fact of life that I have experience with while living in Thailand for over a year. So no problem for me. In Thailand if you had applied for the work permit you were legally ok.

    No one expects to make the kind of money we make in different kinds of economies. So I never try to compare such things and make a determination on that basis alone. I appreciate hearing any bad news first and that way I am prepared and of sober mind for all the good news.

    So please tell me when we could meet when you come this side of the island. Tell me a couple days in advance so that I plan only to meet you on that day.

    Thanks for considering me. I really like the people I have met in Malaysia and especially here in Langkawi. Even the men are friendly unlike men in the west that often are stiff and impersonal. I like that everyone is so caring and full of smiles and heart warming eyes.

    Ok c u soon.

    Angelo

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory