Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fairies At The Bottom Of Our Garden

I was complaining to my sister the other day how it has been ages since I've had a weekend to lie in bed, and that I was averaging 5 hours of sleep max per day.  She said, "Welcome to my life!"  Owing to the fact that she has a four year old and an eight-month old, she has barely slept since the first child came into the world.

It's been a pretty strenuous last few weeks.  As construction progressed, we saw an opportunity to re-look some of the spaces.  And as any architect will tell you, a client who starts thinking is a dangerous thing :-)  But, thanks to the persevering souls involved in the process and Ijam, we have emerged from two weekends of almost all-nighters with a much improved property.  Everything really looks like it all fits together now.  Really.

To say that I am happy is an understatement.  Tired yes, but very satisfied.  And also realising day by day that I would still much rather be doing this than the jobs I had in my previous life.  Somehow, poking around second-hand hotel stores and dusty junkyards, or traipsing about the property gives me a sense of fundamental satisfaction every time we overcome an obstacle or reach a small milestone.

Speaking of which, the magical Din has now managed to put up our roofs!!!!


When I last left the site on Sunday, we were still waiting for delivery of the roof material.  Somehow, somewhere between yesterday morning and the end of day, Din has miraculously put it all up.  Like Ijam says, we think Din uses elves.  In fact, he rather looks like a very friendly albeit slightly shy one himself.

The bridges going across our grey water pond are also almost complete.  They will enable folk to cross over into the brushland that lies at the very back of our property.  I personally have an affinity for the way the wild brush looks at the moment.  Almost makes you want to believe there are fairies living there, at the bottom of our garden, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Can't wait to see the place Trina! I'm soooooooooo excited!

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course fairies live at the bottom of the garden. Such shy & protective creatures they are!

    p/s: caaan't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. langkawi siapa yg kasi maju? umno kan? kutuk umno jugak la ko ni. kalau tak suka malaysia, sila keluar malaysia

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory