Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This Land Is Our Land...

The future site of La Pari-Pari

FINALLY, it's ours!

Two weekends ago, we went once again to Langkawi to make the final payment for the land on which La Pari-Pari will sit. 

 The deed itself was without incident, thanks to the man who sold us the land and the lawyer who very kindly accompanied us to the land office for the actual signing of documents.  Otherwise, I am told, the whole thing would have taken much longer, with me being passed from one counter to another while the land office folks take turns to go on tea breaks.  OK I made that last bit up, but that certainly was the impression I got when I was there.  The man who had to witness my thumbprinting of the land grant had just come from his tea break when I got there.  And as soon as we turned the car out of the parking lot there he was, waltzing across the tarmac back to the canteen...

We also had a great meeting with Ijam who has been going full steam these last few weeks on the design.  All I can say is that it's coming along nicely and at a healthy clip.  Designs for the chalet and our house are certainly in good order.  Now there's only the reception and bar to get cracking on!




3 comments:

  1. I'll be here the whole day today with the long measuring tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at our blog not well
    http://www.langkawihotel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! When we start getting random emails marketing their services to us we must have inched a little up the value chain :-)

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory