Monday, March 30, 2009

Bollywood Veggies!


A friend of mine pointed me to this site today. I didn't even know they had space for farms in Singapore!

Bollywood Veggies is such a charming idea I am amazed there aren't more like it here in Malaysia where we really do have the space, and you don't have to be a millionaire to get 10 acres of land.

They use organic fertilizers and I believe also have an "eco-toilet".

I was talking to my sister a few weeks back about possible businesses she could look into if she were to move to Langkawi. The idea of a farm, IMHO, is still not a bad one. If purpose built well enough, it can double as a tourist attraction and a source for food supply - reducing the carbon footprint of foodstuff that now typically travels from the mainland.

5 comments:

  1. Just visited the Bollywood website...I'm trying to coax Jamie to bring Kaeden there for a visit to see if he likes the place and maybe have a chat with the owners! Hopefully we'll follow you to Langkawi too! _-karen-

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sustainable farm to feed the resort - EXCELLENT idea.

    Here in the US, fancy shmancy restaurants are all about being locavores and they take pride in naming the local farms where their food is grown/raised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the moment, plan is to have an edible garden, to feed our breakfast tables :-) La Pari-Pari will be situated very close (next door) to two very good restaurants, so unless a fabulous chef wants to open a restaurant on our premises, we're not going that route for now - we think operating the resort alone will be more than enough to keep our hands full in the first two years :-)

    But definitely - a sustainable farm is something I'd like to see happen. Am working on persuading someone else I know to perhaps take this on so they can be my supplier in the future :-)

    It's all about sharing the wealth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2009/4/7/lifefocus/20090406185815&sec=lifefocus

    Maybe you can use this...

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

resorts Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory